Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Not Chirashi

Today was Mishima. Yummy casual Japanese lunch place. They have a thing on the menu called "side of Chirashi" and it costs $3.50 and it has a little picture showing a mini little sashimi bowl. Every time I order it, I get something different, but never a mini little sashimi bowl. This time they made it a smaller version of the main thing I ordered which was "Healthy Soba Salad." Cold soba with seaweed, egg, cucumber, shitakes, tomatoes and sesame dressing. For my side of Chirashi, they sent seaweed, egg, cucumber and shitakes over rice. Not a bad thing to receive but definitely not Chirashi. I deconstructed my salad (took the tomatoes off) heated it all up in the microwave and doused it in ponzu and wasabi and Onigoroshi. I should tell all the restaurants my tricks, their food could be so much better. Most of tricks involve spicy and / or pickled things, so what I really should do is open a spicy pickled restaurant. But I won't. Too lazy.

www.mishima.com

No comments: