Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Boring salad

Greenleaf. It's a salad place where you can build your own. I've never been to the place, only gotten it to go, and really, how hard is it to make a salad, but there's always just something off. There's not an awesome dressing despite the fact they have like 15. They don't have hearts of palm or something else I like in salads but I can't remember right now. It's just a weird menu, but we get it a lot. It's healthy. I had a salad of spinach, avocado, jicama, mint and basil with a "mom's asian mustard" dressing. Until I just wrote that I thought I had ordered the sesame vinaigrette because I think that's what I actually got. Didn't notice til now. It was a little oily but I drowned it in the juice of a giant lemon and salt and pepper which helped and it was actually pretty good. Maybe the best boring salad I've had from there. Alicia likes boring places so I sometimes let her have what she wants.
Hot tamales for dessert.

www.greenleafchopshop.com

1 comment:

Cathy Lane RPh said...

I don't like eating salads at work because they're difficult to eat in volume (big leaves or unripe quartered tomatoes that don't cut with a plastic fork, messy to eat much, often require dressings that splatter everywhere, take too much time to consume much of substance, etc. Soup might be an alternative but requires heating up. Sandwiches often end up the most totable. Does anyone have some tips for conveying salads to work? I know I could chop the veggies, or bring my own fork, etc. ('I could've had a V-8')